Safety measures when using the bank card
PrivatBank guarantees protection of your funds, but you are also responsible for taking care about the safety of your money. We have developed 12 simple rules that will help you avoid becoming a victim of fraud. Please read them carefully.
Frequently asked questions
- Rule 1. Keep your Privat24 PIN code, login and password in a secure place protected from other people and never divulge them to others. Never write the PIN code on the plastic card: if your card is lost or stolen, other people can easily withdraw your money from it.
- Rule 2. Never ask strangers to help you use your plastic card. Enter your PIN code on your own, don't show it to others and don't say it aloud.
Rule 3. Take precautions using Privat24
Enter the Internet bank only via official cites privat24.ua site or https://privatbank.ua.
Privat24 site has a certificate of safety.
- Pay attention to URL bar, there must be https://login.privatbank.ua/p24a/otp
- Install licensed antivirus software with automatic update on your computer. Scan your computer for detecting viruses on regular basis.
Those are some free antivirus programs:
- Set the automatic updates of your operation system and your browsers.
- Do not forget to press "Exit" in top right corner of a page when you finish working in Privat24. - Never download and store files from unknown sources. In case you need to download any file, you should always check it with your antivirus program.
- Do not visit any dubious websites.
- If your computer or browser is blocked and there is a message at the screen which requests you to pay a fine, you ought to realise that this is a virus. You should never fulfil such requests. To solve the problem use special services https://www.drweb.com/xperf/unlocker/ or http://sms.kaspersky.ru/), special anti-virus utilities or ask a specialist. Remember, if you pay this so called fine, it won’t solve the problem of a your blocked computer, it will only let frauds get your money.
- Rule 4. Ensure safety of saving and using of digital signature secret keys (for business). PrivatBank never calls or sends messages with requests to provide the number of the bank card or the date of expiry, PIN code or CVV2 code of your card, Privat24 password , as well as passwords received by SMS. If you phone the bank, you may be asked by the staff member for a secret word to identify you personally on the phone, but bank staff never call clients to seek such information.
- Rule 5. Never give any information about your cards to the third parties, even if they address to you on behalf of the bank. Privat Bank never calls or sends SMS, in which a client is asked to give the number of the card, expire date, PIN code, CVVC2 code of yourcard, password to PrivaT24 or passwords which you get via SMS. If you call the bank, a bank employee can ask your mother’s maiden name or another keyword, but bank employees do not call to clarify this information. To get a money transmission on the card or sell a product (via OLX or Aukro) you should give only number of a card. The fact that a buyer requests to give other information (CVVC2 code, expire date, balance or type of the card) must raise suspicions.
- Rule 6. When paying for online purchases, be cautious and never disclose your personal information. It is likely to be a fraud. Do not divulge the content of a message which you have got to the third parties.
Rule 7. Always maintain contact with PrivatBank.
Paying for purchases via the Internet it is necessary to give only the number of the card, expire date and CVVC2 code. For reasons of safety never give the CVVC2 code of your card to a stranger.
If you often purchase goods via the Internet, you should open a special internet card. In such a way you will protect your main card as much as possible, as its number and other details are not mentioned. You should always pay attention to the interface of the site which you use for paying – any changes of a set of colors and print, presence of orthographic mistakes should arouse suspicion. If you are asked to name the date and the year of birth, your mother’s maiden name and other personal data or dial different combinations of numbers on your telephone, you deal with a fraud. Be careful because in case of sending money to a fraud it can be returned only on the basis of a court decision. If you hesitate whether to prepay for goods or not, we advise you to check the seller’s data via the Internet (by a card number or a telephone) or address to 3700 (on the mobile phone) to get a consultation.
Rule 8. Use reliable passwords and do not pass them to anyone.
A reliable password is a password which is difficult to guess, but easy to remember:
- Use difficult passwords which consist of letters (capital and lower case), numbers and special numbers (@, #, $, &, *, % etc.) which you will be able to remember without writing;
-cDo not use passwords which contain personal information that it is easy to find out (your name, surname, date of birth, telephone number, the number of your car, address, pet’s name, names of close relatives and etc.);
- Do not use as a password the same number which repeats or a combination of symbols which repeats (for instance, ZZZZZZZZ, abcabcabc, 111222333);
- Do not use as a password a combination of symbols which are keyed in some order (for example, "12345678" или "qwertyui").
- Never disclose your passwords to anyone.
- Rule 9. Always stay in contact with PrivatBank. ATM or some difficulties have occurred during some operation with a card, inform about it in any way: by telephone numbers 3700 (on the mobile phone) or (056) 716 52 52 or send a message to +38 (092) 302 07 17.
Rule 10. Examine the ATM carefully before using it.
There are two safe card readers: a simple slot without additional devices; a card reader with a transparent overlay.
If there is a non-transparent overlay, there may be a device which reads the data of the card. Do not use such an ATM! Also, do not use the ATM if it is difficult to insert the card into the card reader.
If the keyboard is installed unsteadily, do not use the ATM!
Rule 11. Avoid Internet deals with people who use fraudulent tricks.
a) “I can’t meet you” – refuse to meet in person to make a transaction on any pretext.
b) “Very urgent!” – superurgency of a deal.
c) “Cash on delivery? Haven’t heard about it.” – refuse to use cash on delivery service.
d) “Cheaper doesn’t exist” – a really cut price.
e) “You know I am in a such situation…” – stories about life troubles which aren’t connected with the deal.
f) “Cash in advance” – request to pay forward.
g) “What are the financial statement and the PIN code?”- questions about the data of the card; financial statement, PIN code, CVVC2 code, expire date.
h) “You will be able to get your money transmission via an ATM” – inviting to finish the transmission to an ATM.
- Rule 12. Be careful! Attacks of e-mail accounts and messengers are becoming more and more frequent. If you have got a financial request from your acquaintance on your e-mail, Skype or Viber, call this person and confirm the request. The member account may be attacked by a computer trespasser.
The Bank's Anti-Fraud policy
PrivatBank actively fights against fraud by encouraging employees to report fraud. The PrivatBank supports its clients in and out the bank. We maintain a policy of zero tolerance for fraud and use the entire arsenal of measures to prevent the theft of money from our clients. You can also help us by reporting the fraud.
Hot Line Anti-Fraud
If you have any information about the fraud committed by the employee of the bank, please fill out this form. This will help to save client’s money. The bank guarantees you confidentiality. Reward – up to UAH 5,000.
If you have a problem sending a message via this form, use these channels:
- send an email to email@example.com;
- call +38 (056) 716 52 52+38 (056) 716 52 52 (24/7 answer phone) or use our Skype contact fraudline;
- send text message* to the number +38 (092) 306 65 40+38 (092) 306 65 40 for feedback..
* The cost of text message according to your mobile operator.
In all matters involving fraud of clients and third-party (not employees of the bank), you can refer to the nearest branch. We will consider your application as soon as possible and will inform you about the measures taken.
Do you suspect some PrivatBank employee in his/her fraud towards clients or the Bank?
Search for IT-security vulnerabilities
Even the highest level of security does not mean invulnerability!
If you know of any "weak spots" in our banking systems or any web resources of PrivatBank please inform us and get a reward of up to UAH 10,000 in case of confirmation and elimination the vulnerability by Bank's specialists.
If you have a problem with sending a message using this form, please send an email to ACRMBO@pbank.com.ua.
You’ll receive a response informing you that we received the email, and we’ll follow up with you in 7 business days.
Present the detailed description if the vulnerabilities, the sequence of actions to disclose them:
Please help PrivatBank to identify citizens who received a bank loan using fake passport.
We've created a page with photographs of wanted persons. Please look through it . If you know someone at the pictures and information about their last, first and middle names and location please notify the bank. We will pay you a reward of up to UAH 5,000
if reported information will be confirmed..
Anonymity is guaranteed.Learn more