Service of additional protection against financial fraud.
Guaranteed return of your own or credit funds in case of fraud.
The service can be activated with your personal banker or On your own in the Privat24 app, menu, “Services”, “Insurance”.
The Bank's systems are secured and cannot be compromised
However, scammers are creative, there is a risk that you can enter your data on a phishing site, trust someone under the influence of negative emotions and give too much information. The most common fraud cases are:
Transfers to accounts of scammers under their pressure
Withdrawing funds from a stolen or lost card
Terms and conditions of the Fraud Protection service
Key advantages of the service:
- concluding the insurance agreement in the Privat24 app even when you are abroad;
- the agreement is valid worldwide;
- damage reimbursement up to UAH 200,000 for popular types of fraudulent events.
Programs within the service:
|Insurance amount||Price per month|
|Premium||UAH 100,000||UAH 70|
|Exclusive||UAH 200,000||UAH 140|
Location of the insurance contract validity – the whole world. Service validity – 12 months.
Contact your personal banker to activate the service.
Which PrivatBank partners provide the Fraud Protection service?
- UNIVERSALNA Insurance Company – AG series license № 569730 dated March 23, 2011.
- VUSO Insurance Company - AE series license № 293950 dated July 31, 2014.
The insurance company is selected automatically by the Bank's system. The terms of product registration and settlement are identical in all companies.
Where can I find out more about the terms and conditions of the insurance contract?
- The contract template of the UNIVERSALNA Insurance Company is available by your banker.
- The contract template of the VUSO Insurance Company is available by your banker.
What types of fraud does the Fraud Protection service cover?
- Illegal gaining of cash from a card account with a forged or stolen payment card.
- Illegal payment from a card account at a trade-service network using a forged, lost or stolen payment card.
- Illegal payment/money transfer on the internet using fake websites, mailings, malicious software (phishing, farming).
- Illegal payment/money transfer in the Privat24 system by means of an unlawful access to a financial telephone number or by using phishing sites.
- Illegal payment/money transfer or gaining cash from a card account without having the corresponding payment card by an unlawful access to a financial telephone number.
- Phone scams (vishing) – making illegal transactions on a card account using the data about the card obtained by the third parties through misleading actions.
What is the insurance amount (coverage) and insurance payment? How are they calculated?
Insurance amount (coverage) – the amount of money within which the insurance company, in accordance with the terms and conditions of insurance, is obliged to make a payment in case of an insured event.
The insurance amount is established by agreement of the parties when concluding the contract.
Insurance payment – the funds that are a payment for insurance and are paid by the policyholder within the deadlines specified in the insurance contract. The amount of the insurance fee is calculated on the basis of the insurance rate and the insurance amount.
What to do if an insured event occurs?
- Contact PrivatBank Premium support at +38 (073) 900 00 02 or via the “Help Online” chat within 24 hours and block the card. Leave your request about the occurrence of the insured event.
- Report the fraud event to the police within 48 hours. Get the number of your appeal and extract from the Unified Register of Pretrial Investigations.
- Submit the extract to your personal banker to form a conclusion.
- Wait for the fraud to be investigated and established.
- Receive compensation on your card.
Where will the insurance compensation be credited?
On the Payment card of the insured person. If this type of card is not available, the money will be credited to any other active card.
In which cases can I be refused the insurance compensation?
The Security Service of the Bank investigates each insured event individually, and then draws up an act. The main reasons for refusal:
- insurance compensation is not paid if the insured event occurred within the first seven days from the date the insurance contract entered into force;
- violation of the deadlines for notification of an insured event occurrence;
- no payment under the insurance contract, if the insured event occurred in the period when the contract was not paid.
How does “Fraud Protection” work for customers before and after September 1, 2023?
All the agreements concluded before September 1, 2023 shall be valid on their old terms until the expiration date.
After September 1, 2023 customers conclude agreements on new terms.